Experience Like No Other
Prepare for the time of your life!
The primary Montana rivers and streams which John Perry’s Fly Fishing guides float and wade are the Bitterroot River, Blackfoot River, Clark Fork River, Missouri River, and Rock Creek. These great fly fishing rivers are primarily located in Ravalli County, Missoula County, Granite County, Cascade County, Mineral County, Sanders County, and Lewis and Clark County. These counties are all located in western and central Montana. Some cities you may be familiar with in the area are Missoula, St. Regis, Helena, Hamilton, Craig, and Philipsburg.
The team of fly fishing guides and outfitters used by John Perry’s Montana Fly Fishing are the best in the business! Each guide is mature in his knowledge of the Montana rivers and streams fished, fly fishing equipment, flies, hatches, and water conditions. Our fly fishing guides are ready to utilize every trick of the trade, for novice and experienced fisher alike, to obtain your desired expectations. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned fly fisher, we have the guide that fits you best. Providing a great experience goes well beyond just putting the client on a river with trout in it. Our guides specialize in teaching you how to fly fish more effectively, putting you into the parts of the river that hold good fish and making your overall experience a pleasant one.
After you have booked your trip with John Perry Fly Fishing, now you have to start packing.
Contact John if you have any questions at (406) 370-9183 or via email at: email@example.com
Here are our suggestions about what to pack for your fly fishing trip with John Perry Montana Fly Fishing in Montana:
Preparation is key!
- Flies, line, tippet and extra fly rods and reels, as needed
- Transportation to and from the rivers
- Lunches, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- Instruction - as little, or as much as you desire!
- Fly Rods - Bring two rods in case of an accident. 8-1/2 to 9, 5 to 6 weight are standard. If you want to bring a 4 weight, we're not stoppin' you!
- Reels and Lines - Single action fly reels with 75 to 100 yds of backing and a weight forward or double taper fly line matching the rods. Bring two if possible.
- Leaders - 7-1/2' to 9', 2x to 6x are standard. We usually provide these, but it can't hurt to bring some.
- Flies - We usually provide these. We can also stop into a shop along the way to pick up extras.
- Accessories - This includes floatant, split shot, lead sleeves, nippers. Tippets are provided by us.
- A Montana Fishing License - We can stop for this or you can go online and purchase it before hand at Get Your Montana Fishing License Here
- Rain gear - You'll want waterproof and high quality rain gear. The right kind of rain gear can make or break an enjoyable day on the river, especially during the spring and fall seasons. Pack lightweight gear including waders for the summer and warmer gear (neoprene waders) for the spring and fall.
- Hat or Cap - Pack a wool hat for cooler seasons and a wide brim hat in the summer for sunburn prevention.
- Underclothing - Especially in the cooler months, we encourage you to bring undergarments for warmth (sweaters, sweatshirts, long johns, wool socks etc.).
- Gloves - Definitely recommended for the cooler seasons.
- Shirts and Pants - During the summer months, a set of warmer clothing is suggested for that odd day. Shorts are ideal for summer, but beware of sunburn!
- Shoes - Many people use wading sandals or sandals during the warmer months and many even wear sneakers. Wading shoes are required for the cooler seasons.
- Sunglasses - Polarized Sunglasses are the best, and we suggest an eye-glass holder. Glasses slipping off your head and into the water are hard to find!
- Sunscreen/Sunblock - This is vital during the summer trips, as the high sun reflects off the water and can cause severe sunburn.
- Any Medications or Medicine - Please bring any medication that you need regularly or might need in an emergency (asthma inhaler, for instance...).
- Bug Spray - You will want this sometimes... it's good to bring it with you.